Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nursery is DONE!!!

I am so excited to finally share baby Ella's nursery!  It's been a long time comin', that's for sure.  
This is the confetti wall!  I applied 144 gold polka dots in a random order to look like falling confetti, and it's one of my favorite parts of the room.  I also spray painted the circle mirrors gold to match!
Then, we got an antique rocking chair from Cody's parents.  I reupholstered the seat with a fabric from Caitlin Wilson fabrics.  What you can't see is it has this beautiful gold thread running through it so it shines when the light hits it!
Cody painted the little pink side table which was originally orange.  $20 at Home Goods!  He also hand-painted the inside gold for a peek-a-boo effect!  I got the gold leather Moroccan ottoman on overstock.com
I put gold leaf on the back of a plain white book shelf...which was a B---ch to do!  Ugh!!!  But I love it.
And who could forget the piece de resistance...the pinkish/coral dresser!!
I also spray painted the ceiling fan to be gold and white.  Before, it was really childish with tacky Easter egg colors.  Here is it now:
I got my talented Aunt Betty to make the crib bedding!  I am so pleased with it!  And isn't the crib fab???  A hand-me-down from our realtor and friend!  
Lastly, a very special person is watching over this room and this little girl via this teddy bear:
My Aunts had my grandmother's old mink coat made into this teddy bear.  We named it Nonnie in her honor.  

That's it!  Phew!  Now we just need the baby!   

3 comments:

  1. It's perfect! I love all the sweet details with family heirlooms and memories. Ella is going to be sleeping pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mirrors Danielle!! -Terry Filipowicz aka Sip and Go Girl. www.sipandgogirl.com

    ReplyDelete