Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nursery Sneak Peek

We don't have much done on the nursery.  But at least we now know that this kiddo is a GIRL!!!!!  AAAAAHHH!  (sorry, I'm just a little excited about that.)

The previous owners had painted the room we're making the nursery a baby pink color.  I thought even if we had a girl, I would repaint it.  Well, now I've decided to take it as a challenge, and decorate around the color.  

So far, my friends' generosity has been through the roof!  Coworker Nicole Brady has given me some good maternity clothes for work, THANKS NICOLE!!  My great friend Shari gave us a bassinet and a stroller/carseat!  THANKS RIZZA!! And my realtor, Anna, gave us her white sleigh bed crib.  Exactly what I was looking for!  THANKS ANNA!!

Then, the other day, great friend and amazing nursery decor helper Shari found this beauty on craigslist. 
I snatched it up so fast!  200 bucks for a vintage buffet from the 1950's??  Yes, please.  
WARNING TO WOOD LOVERS: don't read the next sentence.
I'm painting it.  

I know, I know.  It's walnut, and it's beautiful, and blah blah.  My parents think I'm crazy, but that's okay.  Here's what I want to do with it, thanks to Pinterest:
SOURCE

 I also ordered those gold wall decal dots to put on her dresser wall!!! So her color scheme is coral, light pink, gold, white, and a splash of navy blue.  I'm so excited, I just wanna dive in!

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment